Tuesday, April 6, 2010

About this Blog and Me

I have opinions.

Sometimes I can't keep them to myself. I used to journal religiously. Mostly back when I was religious. I found that when I didn't write in my journal stupider than normal things popped out of my mouth. If I wrote down those thoughts somewhere others couldn't see than I didn't have to worry about how others would react to them. As I grew older it became more difficult to find the time to write and more difficult to trust that siblings, parents, or roommates wouldn't accidentially stumble upon it. My faith in the power of journaling also waned every time someone at church gave a lesson on how it would help future generations. Nothing horrified me more than the thought of my great great grandchildren reading about that guy in my shop class I was madly in love with in middle school.

Recently I went back to journaling. It's therapeutic. But it doesn't quite cut it. I can write the things I can't share but what about the things I want to share? What about the movies I love or the rhetoric I hate? Those things won't fit into 140 characters on my Twitter. I can only fit so many things into my Facebook profile. So, here's a blog.

What can you expect?
I am in the position to see most movies for free, so you can expect lots of movie reviews.
In a related vein, I watch an absurd amount of television and like I said, I love to share my opinions.
I am a pretty big geek so there will be loads of SciFi/Nerd stuff popping up here.
I work for minimum wage, previously at a movie theater, currently at a Target Starbucks.
I am an ex-Mormon which means you can expect me to be kinda critical of Mormon sub-culture.
I have an abnormally large number of gay friends which makes LGBTQ topics especially important to me.
I'm kinda bad at grammar (I'm having an affair with a comma--it's a secret, don't tell). If you see a mistake, please let me know!
General Rule of Thumb: I blog about things I care about. Hopefully that lines up with what you're interested in.

1 comment: